

Well alot's happened since the last time I was here. Another July 4th spent at Eagle Lake, a new roommate/new apartment, and a beach trip and D.C. trip somewhere in the middle. I find that this blogging thing is much like any other hobby we pick up. It's something we look forward to in the beginning, thinking to ourselves throughout the week- "Hey, that would make for a great story to blog about"- but as usual, our life gets busy (when is it ever not?) and we find ourselves choosing to do something else instead of blogging. Once you skip something for the first time, it just gets easier to skip it again. Next thing you know, you've "skipped" through 4 months! I have received comments from a few of you loyal readers that I need to start blogging again. It seems so much harder to pick it back up- knowing so much time has past/things have changed...I feel as though I would be blogging till sun up to cover everything in the detail I love so much. Obviously, I can't/won't stay up til sunrise to finish this post, so I've decided to just cover the highlights mentioned above and be done with it.
D.C. Trip
For Memorial Weekend, my group of friends from High School went to our nation's capital to crash our friend Valera's apartment for the weekend. We had the BEST time. We toured the White House (and shamelessly flirted with the Secret Service), got a private tour of the Capitol from Valera, toured the First Ladies' Dress Exhibit at the Smithsonian, attended the Memorial Concert on the Capitol Lawn (and were escorted out by Capitol police when it was over- we overstayed our welcome), enjoyed the nightlife of Georgetown (maybe a bit too much), and of course, made the rounds at Dupont Circle (see "The American President" with Michael Douglas and Annette Bening). I have to say it again, we had the BEST time. Looking forward to our next trip, girls!
Beach Trip/Moving/Fourth of July
I am an idiot. Who else would plan a beach vacation one weekend, move the following Friday, and drive 7 hours on that same Friday for a holiday spent with family? Me, apparently. Ok, so towards the end of June, I headed to St. Simons for a beach trip with some of my Phi Mu girls- Maggie, Nicole, Leslie, and Morgan. We had a blast just relaxing by the pool/ocean and we even spent an afternoon at a water park. (It was great being a kid again- blue sno cones and all!) When I returned from the beach, I had exactly 4 nights to pack everything up for the move.
I hired professional movers to move my furniture on Friday morning. Thursday after work, my friend Megen helped me take loads over to my new apartment. My new roommate is a girl I met in Sunday School at Brentwood Baptist and her name is Britney. I will give more detail on her and the new apartment later. Friday morning, Two Men and a Truck showed up at my door to move my stuff 3 streets over. As luck would have it, one of those men was CUTE! Naturally, I ended up paying for an extra hour because we frequently chatted. Even Britney got in on the flirting- she offered them cookies! It was a great moving experience and I would recommend Two Men and a Truck to anyone!
So, the movers showed up at 8am and by 1pm I was on the road headed to Eagle Lake! I basically dumped all my stuff in the new place and hit the road. Everyone was at the lake house for the weekend- Dad, Mom, Ryan and Lacey, Liza, Nicholas, and the entire Strong family came up on Saturday. This was the first time our family was all together since Christmas!!! We did several family poses over the weekend (thanks mom) and enjoyed some faves of mine: boat riding, sitting on the dock, naps, and one word - DIPS.
Meeting lots of new people. Enjoying life. Missing family and friends.
Life is all about timing...the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable becomes available, the unattainable...attainable. Have the patience, wait it out. It's all about timing. -Stacey Charter




No comments:
Post a Comment